When travelling to Finland, it’s important to have a reliable and affordable SIM card for your mobile phone or other device. With so many options available, it can be overwhelming to choose the best SIM card for your needs. That’s why we’ve put together this comprehensive guide to help you find the best SIM cards in Finland.
From the best providers to the best deals, we’ve got you covered. Keep reading to learn everything you need to know before buying a SIM card in Finland.
What to Consider When Buying a SIM Card in Finland
Before you buy a SIM card in Finland, there are a few things to consider:
- Provider: There are three main providers in Finland – Telia, DNA, and Elisa. Each provider has different coverage areas and network speeds, so it’s important to choose the one that works best for your needs.
- Data: How much data do you need? If you’re planning on using your phone for browsing the internet, streaming music or videos, or using social media, you’ll need a plan with a higher data allowance.
- Price: SIM card prices vary depending on the provider and the plan you choose. Make sure to compare prices and features before making a decision.
- Duration: How long are you staying in Finland? If you’re only visiting for a short time, you may want to choose a plan with a lower data allowance and shorter duration.
- Top-up options: Can you easily top-up your SIM card when you run out of data or minutes? Make sure to choose a provider that offers convenient top-up options.
The Best SIM Cards in Finland
Now that you know what to consider when buying a SIM card in Finland, let’s take a look at some of the best options available:
Telia Prepaid SIM Card
- Data: 15GB/month
- Duration: 31 days
- Price: €24.90
- Top-up options: Online, at Telia stores, or at R-kioski convenience stores
The Telia Prepaid SIM Card is a great option for travellers who need a lot of data. With 15GB per month, you’ll be able to browse the internet, stream music and videos, and use social media to your heart’s content. Plus, you can easily top-up your account online or at one of Telia’s many stores.
Elisa Prepaid SIM Card
- Data: Unlimited
- Duration: 14 days
- Price: €25.90
- Top-up options: Online, at Elisa stores, or at R-kioski convenience stores
The Elisa Prepaid SIM Card is a great option for travellers who need unlimited data for a short period of time. With this plan, you’ll be able to use your phone as much as you want without worrying about running out of data. And with convenient top-up options, you can easily keep your account topped up.
DNA Prepaid SIM Card
- Data: 6GB/month
- Duration: 30 days
- Price: €19.90
- Top-up options: Online, at DNA stores, or at R-kioski convenience stores
The DNA Prepaid SIM Card is a great option for travellers who want a balance of data and affordability. With 6GB per month, you’ll be able to use your phone for browsing, social media, and streaming without breaking the bank. And with convenient top-up options, you can easily keep your account topped up.
Do I need to show identification to buy a SIM card in Finland?
Yes, you will need to show identification when buying a SIM card in Finland. This is to comply with Finnish law, which requires all users of mobile phone services to be identified.
Can I use my SIM card from another country in Finland?
It depends on your provider and your plan. Some providers offer international roaming, which allows you to use your SIM card in other countries. However, this can be expensive and may not offer the same coverage and speeds as a local SIM card.
What if I run out of data or minutes?
You can easily top-up your SIM card online, at a provider’s store, or at an R-kioski convenience store. Make sure to choose a provider that offers convenient top-up options.
Choosing the best SIM card in Finland can be a daunting task, but with our guide, you now have all the information you need to make an informed decision. Whether you’re looking for unlimited data or an affordable plan for short-term use, there’s a SIM card in Finland that’s right for you. So, pack your bags and get ready to enjoy all that Finland has to offer, knowing that you have a reliable and affordable way to stay connected.